Facebook Twitter Pinterest Flickr Google+ YouTube Instagram
Try the New Delaware Library Catalog
Written on: January 17th, 2013 by: in Blog Posts, News
We regularly receive, and appreciate, the valuable feedback from many of you about searching the library catalog. We agree that searching should be easier, with better ways to narrow down choices. And book and video lists should be easy to create, save, edit, and share.
That is why we are so excited to present the new, easier, and much improved Delaware Library Catalog! Please try it out and tell us what you think! Like all beta products you might encounter a glitch or two, so let us know if something doesn’t seem quite right.
- Better Searching – Fuzzy logic, similar to Amazon and Google searches, will improve search results – even when words are misspelled.
- Easily Filter Your Results – After you enter your search terms, you will be able to narrow down your results by clicking on the various facets of the results. For instance, quickly narrow your search to items from a particular library, in DVD format, on a certain subject!
- Browse Collections – You can easily view and search just books, eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, music, or videos.
- Share – Email links to items in our catalog, send them as text messages, or build RSS feeds. Use Facebook to tell your friends what you’re reading now.
- Create Lists – Once you are logged in to your library account, you can search the catalog and save any items you’d like (books, movies, magazines). Your lists are private and you can set up as many as you want or need. How about a list of what you’ve already read and one for what you want to read next?
We expect to have text messaging alerts for holds and more soon. And in the next several months, Automatic PIN retrieval. We all forget our PINs occasionally and we are working to automatically have forgotten PINs emailed.