Delaware Division of Libraries Blog
Division of Libraries' Blog

Division of Libraries

Facebook  Twitter  Pinterest  Flickr  Google+  YouTube  Instagram


Q: I live in Dover. What do I do when my neighbor has an unhealthy house and children

Written on: July 1st, 2009 by: in Q & A's

A: If you think that the children are at risk you should contact the Delaware Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families. You can report child abuse or neglect by calling 1-800-292-9582. For more information please visit their website at

If the children are not at risk, but the house might have property maintenance violations, please contact the City of Dover, Department of Inspections and Planning at (302) 736-7010. You do not have to give your name when you make a complaint.